If you are in the Toronto area, there is a group of runners that you can join or support. If you live elsewhere, please consider starting a group. Let us know about it, and we will be happy to link to it, or feature it here.
Toronto Veggie & Fit Runners Group
We are a group of passionate vegetarian and vegan runners founded in Feb. 2007. We currently have over 35 members. Check out the Facebook group “Veggie Runners”.
Our aim is to:
1. To encourage veggie people to become fit.
2. To promote vegetarianism.
Our running principles are:
1. To die another day.
2. To cross the finish line with a smile on your face.
Weekly training runs:
We meet to run on Saturdays at 9am near St-Clair subway station in Toronto.
* Sporting Life 10K, May 4, 2008
Our race history:
* Toronto Marathon relay, Oct 14, 2007
* Scotiabank Half-Marathon, Sept 30, 2007
* Terry Fox run 10K, Sept 16, 2007
* Sporting Life 10K, May 8, 2007
To participate in Toronto training runs and races, please reply with a comment below.